[UNRESOLVED] YouTube Changes My Midroll Ads to Active on Videos I Set it to be OFF Specifically for Better Viewer Engagement!?

 

 

 

I create video on YouTube, some I want midroll ads on, some I don't.

 

I have been creating for about 4 years.

 

Years ago when I made this anxiety video, I set it to off so people could listen to the video during a mental health crisis and not have to deal with ads, then for some reason youTube decides to ad midroll ads to all videos...

I don't think this problem will ever be resolved, but I wanted to state it so that everyone knows and maybe one day an engineer may hear about this problem and decide, hey lets not do that.

one can hope.

It is also really anoying on my 10 hour music videos or other videos that I dont want interrupted viewing, no one wants an ad in the middle of their immersive experience at the gym or where ever...it is very negative and I have received negative feedback in my comments section about it, but it shouldnt be the viewer responsibility to let me know, I should create it better like I did, and Youtube shouldnt go around behind peoples backs and change their ad settings, because they are set for a reason for some of us...

I am sorry you are losing out on ad revenue, but I think it would be better to ask, do you want midroll ads on all videos or something...

also sidenote it is entirely possible that they did ask me and i just forgot about it because I havent been doing well medically speaking, so maybe I am just venting a problem that doesnt exist, please try to understand I am not certain either way.

take care, 

F3ND1MUS

 

 

Comments